NASPEM Student and Trainee Travel Awards
The student and trainee travel award will support travel to the NASPEM 2024 Biennial Meeting in Louisville, Kentucky for up to six (6) undergraduate and/or graduate students/trainees. Each awardee will receive $500 plus waived registration fees.
Value: $500 plus waived registration fees (a total value of $900 USD)
- Applicants can be undergraduate or graduate clinical (e.g., occupational therapy, physical therapy, medicine) or research (e.g., Bachelors, Masters, PhD) students but must be enrolled in a program in a field related to pediatric exercise medicine (e.g., exercise science, kinesiology, sports medicine, public health) at the time of submission.
- Applicants must be a student NASPEM member in good standing at the time of the submission.
- Applicants are not required to live in or study in North America.
- The awardee must attend the NASPEM 2024 Biennial Meeting. Failure to do so may make the applicant ineligible for subsequent NASPEM awards.
- A faculty sponsor must be available to provide confirmation upon request that the student applying for this award is in good standing. In addition, the faculty sponsor, if applicable, is responsible for the research being presented. While sponsors are not required to be current NASPEM members, the applicant will be asked to state whether the faculty sponsor is a current member.
- Awardee should use provided funds for actual travel expenses necessary to attend the NASPEM Biennial Meeting. If the awardee receives other travel awards which fully cover the cost of this conference, it is expected they will let NASPEM know so these funds can be reallocated to another applicant.